Welcome to the Shawn Earle’s Clarinet Studio website. Please explore the various resources, blog posts, and lesson information on this website. There is limited space available for the Fall 2019 term. Please contact me directly to register !
I am Dr. Shawn Earle and my main goal as a clarinet teacher is for my students to achieve their personal best, gain skills to be lifelong music learners, and an appreciation for the clarinet. Most importantly, I want them to share my passion for playing the clarinet! I offer completely personalized lessons tailored to each student. All students who are excited about playing clarinet are welcome regardless of age or skill! I provide lessons to students in Regina in person and anywhere else over Skype.
I have over a decade of experience teaching clarinet from beginners, university students, and professionals as well. Highlights of my teaching include teaching high school music, beginning clarinetists at the el sistema inspired St James Music Academy, and at the University of Virginia, Washington and Lee University, and the University of Victoria. My education includes a Doctor of Musical Arts, Master’s, and Bachelor’s degrees all in clarinet performance and a Bachelor of Education degree. I am certified by the Ontario College of Teachers.
My experience has allowed me to honed my methods for teaching clarinet which are proven, effective, and engaging. My passion for clarinet, experience as a teacher and performer, and innovation are what makes studying clarinet with me exceptional and unmatched in Canada.
You can expect that I will:
- do my part in helping each student succeed in reaching their musical goals;
- provide a professional studio environment conducive to learning and music-making;
- teach students best practices on the clarinet and how to practice effectively;
- teach students a well-rounded approach that includes theory, technique, repertoire, history, music appreciation, and more;
- provide individualized instruction adjusting my teaching approach to the needs, strengths, and weaknesses of each student, and;
- provide a positive and fun atmosphere where learning will happen and beautiful music will be made.
Thank you for taking the time to visit the my studio website. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or for more information.
Dr. Shawn Earle